News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Star of Romania Recipients WW1

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any books which list foreign recipients of the the Order of the Star of Romania from WW1 please? The recipient of this medal also received the Order of the Nile and an MBE, which makes an interested group, but trying to find out who was awarded them is providing difficult.

Thanks for letting me join as well.

David

8 hours ago, SEMiniatureMedals said:

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any books which list foreign recipients of the the Order of the Star of Romania from WW1 please? The recipient of this medal also received the Order of the Nile and an MBE, which makes an interested group, but trying to find out who was awarded them is providing difficult.

Thanks for letting me join as well.

David

Hi David.

As far as I know, there is no official list of recipients for the Order of the Star of Romania. However, if the recipient was British, there is a chance you might find his name if you look into the London Gazette issues of the time. Some years ago they were searchable and one could look for decrees acknowledging foreign awards, but I imagine that cross-checking the information with other awards would be extremely tedious.