News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KAVALLERIE. REGT. 93 Rittmeister Signature

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Beside the traditionally cavalry regiments of the pre-war era, the german army formed some Reserve, Landwehr and Landsturm cavalry units..

In 1915 they set-up the Cavalry-Regiments 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 93 and 94 and Landwehr-Cavalry-Regiments 90, 91 and 92

Please don´t ask, why they chosed those numbers... No idea...

Most of them later changed into Kavallerie-Schützen-Regimenter

Ostuf , Thanks for your answer . as i suspected ,the regiment 93 was not a common one . The Kavallerie Schuetzen Regiments were dismounted Cavalry .the German Army began in 1915 to employ cavalry in the trenches and in 1916 to dismount regiments .then appeared a new type of Cavalry the Cavalry Rifles . their regiments were of bataillon size , three or four squadrons ,equivalent to infantry company in number and a Machine Gun squadron with 6 Mgs and four minenwerfer . apart ,normally the regiment possesed also a mounted platoon of 25 men . The 93 K S R judging by the number was a unit raised from the 93 kavallerie regiment which was a war raised unit . i will search about the 93 .to me it was a Landwehr unit .

Like I said before, in the war several cavalry regiments were raised with those high numbers; some of them became Kavallerie-Schützen-Regimenter. KSR 93 was dissolved in 1918.

In the ranklist of honour is a Lt. Werther named in württ. Dragoner-Rgt.25. He ended the war as Rittmeister a.D.

Lt. 16.6.10

Olt. 18.12.15

In the list of 1919 he still was Olt.

I don´t know if he is it...

21 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Like I said before, in the war several cavalry regiments were raised with those high numbers; some of them became Kavallerie-Schützen-Regimenter. KSR 93 was dissolved in 1918.

In the ranklist of honour is a Lt. Werther named in württ. Dragoner-Rgt.25. He ended the war as Rittmeister a.D.

Lt. 16.6.10

Olt. 18.12.15

In the list of 1919 he still was Olt.

I don´t know if he is it...

Its possible , wurttemberger officers were interchangeable with prussians .