News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ostuf : The German 11th Army when was deployed to the Balkans with HQ in Prilep . was commanded By General der Infanterie von Winkler and later by General der Infanterie Kuno von Steuben . The name number 2 appears to be Bulgarian . 

Thank you guys. 

#3 could be General der Infanterie Kuno von Steuben?

The Headquarter of the Army moved to Prilep on 5 October 1916 until the retreat to Hungary in September 1918.

In That period of time Gen. von Steuben was Commander of the Army (from 5 June 1917)

Edited by Ostuf

Hallo : I read the same as ixhs Oberbefehlhaber etc . but the manner in which the name of the bulgarian general puzzled me .commonly the name of the bulgarian Chief of Staff is writed as Jekov or Jekoff . even Schekoff.must be him 

Lieutenant general Nikola Zhekov (1864 1949 ) was first  minister of War in 1915 and then Commander in chief of the Bulgarian Army (oberbefehlshaber) from1915 to 1918 due to the fact that King Ferdinand I resigned his prerrogatives and appointed the General

Guys, thanks a lot for your answers

I´m posting here some close ups of the photo:

gen.jpg

generals.jpg

If you think you could give a name to some other officers pictured here, please telle me and if you need a close up I´ll post it

Hello : The Prussian , Yes Sir ! . Ostuf , The three men in the first pic (ampliation ) are from left to right, Prince Boris , General Jekow and General von Steuben. its curious the use of tropenhelme by the Prince and another Bulgarian officer.