News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hallo everybody. 

I have this beautiful shell of an M35. Does anybody could help me and clarify if it is a mere German helmet or a Spanish one. As far as I know, from 1936 to 1939 German troops helped Franco's militians during Civil war. So, is this an helmet from any German division or just a Spanish one, inspired by those from Nazi's army? It was supposed to have a "Golden eagle" insigna as well.

Now, I would like to refurbish it, somehow. Do you have any suggestion for me? Consider I'm absolute beginner.

Thanks to all forumers willing to help.

Enrico

P_20180307_123502.jpg

P_20180307_123520.jpg

P_20180307_123534.jpg

Looks like a Spanish M42 'Modello Z' to me.

The clip on the front is for the Spanish emblem of the time (a gold eagle with a red cross on top). They were manufactured with a leather liner band riveted to the shell and a liner that looked like an M16 three padded one. 

A good helmet to practice your refurbishment skills on. Not something to get too carried away on as good quality ones (although quality wasn't that good when they were new) are relatively inexpensive. I believe these were still being worn by border guards in the 1980s. 

Refurbishment is pretty well covered in posts with the Military Art section with step by step pictures but give me a shout if you'd like some help.

Try here 

Cheers, Steve.

Edited by Spasm

1 hour ago, Spasm said:

Looks like a Spanish M42 'Modello Z' to me.

The clip on the front is for the Spanish emblem of the time (a gold eagle with a red cross on top). They were manufactured with a leather liner band riveted to the shell and a liner that looked like an M16 three padded one. 

A good helmet to practice your refurbishment skills on. Not something to get too carried away on as good quality ones (although quality wasn't that good when they were new) are relatively inexpensive. I believe these were still being worn by border guards in the 1980s. 

Refurbishment is pretty well covered in posts with the Military Art section with step by step pictures but give me a shout if you'd like some help.

Try here 

THANK YOU very, very much!

Nice to learn something about this shell. It will be such fun for me to try to refurbish my first helmet ever. I will post ics on the relevant section. 

Have a nice day,

Enrico