News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How many PLM and Oak Leaves were awarded during WW1?

Hello Gents,

I know this question may look stupid for experts like you, because PLM is the most famous German order, but I found different numbers  regarding how many PLM and Oak Leaves were awarded during WW1. Is it possible to say, without any doubt, what is the correct answer to this question?

Cheers,

Albert

Dave, thank you, I know about this, but is it realiable? I'm interested in both a number of PLMs (in different sources from 685 to 691) and Oak Leaves to PLM (121-122? In Hamelman's book only 109 IIRC, but surely too few).

• 2 weeks later...
    Hello,
    at the PlM I always pick up the Lehmann (1740 - 1913 in chronological order) 
    or the Möller (1914-1918 in alphabetical order. These books are very rare.The Lehmann 
    is online, the Möller unfortunately not. I once copied the numbers from the Möller 
    and attached the link to the Lehmann below for those interested. Best regards Walter.

http://gdz.sub.uni-goettingen.de/dms/load/toc/?PPN=PPN135808596&IDDOC=287805

Möller 1.jpg

img488.jpg

plm 001a.jpg

Thank you very much, Walter.

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong. There were:

- 685 PLMs;

- 2 PLMs with Oak Leaves awarded at the same time (for the Emperor of Austria and the King of Bułgaria);

- 120 Oak Leaves awarded after PLMs.

So there were 687 PLMs and 122 Oak Leaves in total.