News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My West German and 57 awards collection... Part 9:

We're almost done... but I'll have to split this one up due to the number of pics.

My last piece I consider to be special. It's another Ebay purchase and again I think I did very well on this one. It was originally part of the collection of OMSA member Eric Ludvigsen who passed away on November 28, 2004. :( I'm sorry to say I never had the pleasure of making his acquaintance and did not realize who he was when I purchased the award. But I did some research and got some information from the seller, his grandson who was helping to liquidate the collection as part of the estate.

After reading more about this gentleman I feel quite proud and fortunate to have one of his medals in my humble collection. :blush:

Another definite plus is the manufacturer as you'll see in one of the photos as well as the fact that it's a complete set with the button hole ribbon. Needless to say I'm happy that I got lucky when no one else bid on either of these awards. :jumping:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And now, for the rest of the story...

Dan