Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hello Gents,

I am having a clear out and listing lot's of items at the usual place online.  I have two sets of buttons that I can't identify and wonder if anyone can help.

One is a Naval set which is similar to the Kriegsmarine buttons but have a wreath around the lower part.  The design is similar to a Royal Navy Flag Officers Badge but without the Crown.

The second set is Army and I should know what it is but my memory is failing me.  

Thank you Gents.

P1250023 (2).JPG

P1240901 (2).JPG

Hello,

I would think Welsh for the last one's....

Posted (edited)

If the cipher on the second set is "M Y C", I would suggest 'Montgomeryshire Yeomanry Cavalry' as a possibility, though their dragon seems to face the other way.  A picture of a sabretache of theirs below.  The cipher looks the same, but that's hardly surprising.

http://www.uniformology.com/YEOMANRY-06.html

MYC.jpg

Edited by peter monahan

48 minutes ago, peter monahan said:

If the cipher on the second set is "M Y C", I would suggest 'Montgomeryshire Yeomanry Cavalry' as a possibility, though their dragon seems to face the other way.  A picture of a sabretache of theirs below.  The cipher looks the same, but that's hardly surprising.

http://www.uniformology.com/YEOMANRY-06.html

MYC.jpg

Of Course!  Thank you so much Peter.  I tried every M except Montgomeryshire and the dragon facing the other way threw me as well.

Lovely Sabretache by the way!

Yes, i wish it were mine!  Stole the pic from Pintrest.  Glad it was of some help. :)