News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Veteran help?

Happy Easter Everyone

I recently acquired a collection of medals and badges from Canada belonging to a unknown Romanian veteran. I have a couple of questions which I hoped someone might be able to help me with please?

1-Within the collection of badges appears to be a Chess Champion medal 1951, would this maybe be able to locate the owner's identification?

2-It appears the medal of Liberation from the Fascist Yoke has been attached to Military Merit Medal ribbon(don't know whether it was 1st or 2nd class). Was this deliberate or as the other ribbon attachment appears to be broken just an error by someone later?

Cheers

Dave

_20180401_110305.JPG

_20180401_110503.JPG

Here is the medal

DSC_0538.JPG

Hello, I don't  believe you'll find the location of this participant to a chess contest since I believe this medal could be given to everyone who won at a stage or another. Seems to have been a military contest.

The ribon is not the good one, there has been a mistake from the seller or the former owner...