News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Russian medal, 4th class

Noor

Hi all,

I obtained thus medal from emedals auction in the beginning of the month and I would like to be sure that it is original. Does any expert, who has handled these more then I, can confirm it please.

Thanking you in advance,

Noor

25200681463ccd_l.jpg

2520068391f841_l.jpg

Thank you so much! I got thumbs up from another forum as well.

Also just received this....

ГМ 4 ст. №975948
    3-й пограничный Рижский полк, ряд. Костровский Кузьма
    Список увечным нижним воинским чинам, снабженным от Мариинского Приюта для ампутированных и увечных воинов протезами, коим 9 января 1917 г. вручены с Высочайшего соизволения пожалованные им Георгиевские медали 4 степени Почетным Попечителем Мариинского Приюта Генерал-Алъютантом Бароном Мейендорфом.
    Когда и где ранен - 18 августа 1915 г. под Вильной.
    Род увечья - укорочение правой ноги.
    РГВИА ф.970 / Списки ВПК / Список №233

Thanks Eric. Yes, looks like the medals to boarder guard regiments are not so comkon. Also poor guy looks like lost his leg and medal for that..... a small price in this sence.

I didn' realised that they used this kind of double ring suspension system?

Now, whole collection that is up on emedals has same ring systems so I recon it's done by collection owner.

I have few imperial Russian "kolodas" left so I used this one instead. Should I put the rings back?

"I  have few imperial Russian "kolodas" left so I used this one instead. Should I put the rings back?"

Without any clearer images I'd leave things as-is.  Having said that I put my few on Soviet suspensions with replacement ribbons as they all came without either.