Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Posted (edited)

Who is it? In my opinion a saxon Major or Lt. Col. - the photo was taken in Dresden. He wears the

-Militär St. Heinrich Ritter (Mil. St. Henry knight)

-Verdienstorden (merit order)

-Albrecht Ritter 1 mit X  (Albrecht 1 with X)

- IC 2nd class

- MVO 4 (X) mit Krone (bav. MMO 4 (X) with Crown)

-Braunschweig Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse am Kämpferband  (Brunswick war merit cross 2nd class for comb.)

- IC 1st class an wound badge silver grade

Thanks for helping again. (the pic is from my collection)

sachsen ma.gif

Edited by ixhs

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I am not sure. Did you notice the osmanic medal (Galipoli Star) and is he wearing a turkish belt buckle? A high res close up might help. The hat also points east. Could I have a scan of the back with name and possible address of the photo-studio, please?

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

Hi thanks.

He is a german officer in türkischen Diensten. Dort erhielt er i.d.R. eine Rang höher. Also z.B. preussischer Major = osmanischer Oberstleutnant.

The photo studio is PHoto Baum Dresden

He did not write his name.- the card was written to a  Hauptmann a.D. Baum in Chemnitz in 1923

Hi,

these are informations that will help narrow it down, don´t you think?

Interestingly there is no officer by the name of Baum listed in the Ehrenrangliste or it´s appendices who served with a Saxon unit.

GreyC

Hello

It is Georg Bock von Wülfingen (1868-1952). He has chosen to wear only his wartime medals

Christophe

Hello

It is Georg Bock von Wülfingen (1868-1952). He has chosen to wear only his wartime medals

Christophe

Hello

Christophe

Hello . Interestingly the officer appears to wear a Saxon 1907/ 1910 officers tunic with eight matt kronenknopfe closing the front and with the characteristic Saxon cuffs with two buttons. The Kalpak and the Shoulder Boards slightly pointed are turkish . also the belt buckle and the dagger.

Men! You are great. Unbelievable. Thank you very much!