News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Legion Condor Belt & Buckle?

Jurgen Fritz

P.S. here Buckle & Catch:)

Hi Hugh thanks for your Interest:beer:

so much I also figured.. It's the "Ducal open Crown" used by  General Franco over the  San Juan Eagle  & Santiago Cross  the Claws on later 1943 Pattern are different,I wonder also if the "Blue Division" painted there Buckle "Blue?" (Here Pics?)maybe there is some Friend 

who knows more?Thanks again

Jurgen

IMG (2).jpg

Jurgen : The Legion Condor weared special made belts and buckles . of tan leather .officers Sam Browne model , NCOs and troopers ,a rectangular koppelschloss much alike that of the Wehrmacht but plain without any badge . the Legion marched to Spain fully equiped and seems improbable the use of Spanish belt buckles

Hello Bayern,

Thanks for Your friendly Answer..

I just read the opposite  in an old  Record :The Legion  Condor Soldiers left (& arrived in Spain) in "Civilian Cloth" Marshingboots & Rifle to be fully equipped in Spain ..?actually the Equipment was very bad for Uniforms (even Blankets for the Winter where not given out!)

I seen many of this "German Style peppelt  plain Belt Buckle"(Some say they where used by "German Penalty Units!")maybe the Legion  used them,they still in for sale as such..more Research is needed?:cheers:Thanks & Regards Jurgen

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    additions

Hello Bayer,:beer:

The mentioned Officer "Sam Brown Style" Belts worn by the Legion Condor Officers where also given by the Spanish,I seen some marked "El Caballo Sevilla" they where used in the Spanish Army before & in the Civil war..

Regards Jurgen

IMG (3).jpg

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    addition

Hello : Certainly appears evident that the Spanish belt buckles were used. at least by the land troops. the Spanish Sam Browne was the current belt of Army officers . The Condors went in civilian clothes but with all their equipment . including uniforms in the cut of the Luftwaffe ones in brownish olive green cloth but without any distinction marking nationality . Once in Spain they adopted Spanish badges of rank . the grained belt buckle was plain . precisely to not show any .

:beer:Hello Bayern

Thanks for Your Interest!

Well,so far (was my Question) we know that Spanish Army Belts

were used (ad least by the Ground troops) of the "German Legion

Condor"..my sec Question about use of "Blue Paint" on "Division

AZUL" Equipment IIWW? (I found a Picture of some Helmets &ct?)

Best Regards Jurgen

IMG (2).jpg

:beer:Hello Bayern

I just read again: The German "Legion Condor" Volunteers

arrived in "Civil clothing" & given first an "Armband" in the

Spanish Colors:Red yellow red. End of 1936 all "Adopted"

a new Khaki Uniform fashioned on the "Spanish Legion"

Regards Jurgen

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...