Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Doc

Unknown to identify

Posted (edited)

Does anyone recognize this item?  I have never seen anything like it before, and do not recognize it.  Base metal seems to be silver-colored, and the gold color areas seem to be applied like a wash or electroplating.  I believe it is US, since the only markings on it are (in English) "patent pending".  Tops of wings, chevron, and stars are silver-colored.  Decent quality pin back.

IMG_8343.JPG

Edited by Doc
add info on pin back

It looks like a patriotic pin.  Not US military.  Can you please post an image of the reverse?

Agree, but I still can't figure out what it is-- It looks too well-made to be just given out to kids, etc. in large quantities.  There is another one for sale on the web, but with only one star, so apparently there are multiple versions.  I can't figure out the meaning of the chevron or the stars--- "Gold Star Mothers", High School Victory Corps, etc.???  Thanks for any suggestions.

IMG_8344.JPG

Possibly to indicate two sons or brothers or siblings in the service?  Like the Blue Star banners and badges?

Yeah, that's my guess, but it's certainly not a very common badge, and I haven't been able to figure out definitively it's origin or meaning.