News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Seeking Photo of 1944 Era Kriegsmarine Maschinenobergefreiter Rank / Sleeve Insignia / SSI

Hello Folks,   I'm looking for a nice clear view of a WW2 Kriegsmarine Maschinenobergefreiter's Rank, Rating / Shoulder Sleeve Insignia. The more I look on both the web, & among my available texts, the more unsure of the exact design I become. If anyone here on the GMIC would PLEASE be so kind as to post a photograph of the Tank / Rating I'm looking for, I'll be extremely appreciative. The KM Sailor I'm researching was as noted above, an Maschinenobergefreiter aboard Schnellboot S-188 during 1944, if that's relevant to actual insignia or rating I'm looking for. THANK YOU

Regards,    dpast32        ( dpast32@aol.com 

The insignia for maschinen Nco and maanschaften is as below, this particular example being for the 'white jumper shirt'.

img035.jpg.96966645d48f6d2e50ea0f769da468b1.jpg

NCO ranks are as follows:

Gefreiter:  cogwheel with one chevron.

Obergefreiter: Cogwheel with two chevrons.

Example of a maschinenobergefreiter patch for the blue uniform:

maschinenobergefreiter.jpg.0f687600ec0068be4f961a869eaf337b.jpg