Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Stormrider59

What say you? Three Digit Red Star

Hello all, I watched this auction out of curiosity to see what something this nice would bring, now I am not an expert by any means regarding originality, but I was curious of what some more learned folks thought. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Order-USSR-Red-Star-Goznak-1930-year/282957725369?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Thanks! 

Hello!  I hope you did not bid on it, did you? ;)

I have my doubts. I have never held one in my hands , so it is a bit theoretical. But consider this: The averse center medallion looks like it was hand made. The outer edge rim is missing completely, plus the overall misalignment of the elements (f.ex. soldiers head tip and letter "C").

The hammer and sickle looks off to me too... The reverse is not giving me right impression. It feels more like a "normal" star was converted into something to resemble this early batch. These early stars feel like they are inflated with air. I just don't see it in this badge.

So I would stay clear of it.

Hi Igor, no I did not bid, I merely watched the auction. Somebody is going to be mad about their $1,600+ purchase :P 

13 hours ago, Bill Garvy said:

An authentic piece would fetch many times the amount of the auction...1768317067_187reverse.thumb.jpg.97d7dcb36bcdb0825b5cd3b053f0055d.jpg1391508008_187obverse.thumb.jpg.354425b99210302869228f2553a7f20e.jpg

Much thanks for a real photo of one Bill, what a beauty! The last two digit I saw for sale was almost $8k. 

Thanks for the responses folks, I appreciate it very much.