News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ostfront, War Merit, EKII, Wound badge - help please

War Merit, EKII & Wound badge look to be original... the Ostfront raises a red flag due to the excessive wear....this could be due to it being either being a copy or a bad strike in the manufacturing process. If you are considering buying the Ostfront medal, there are better examples out there at very reasonable prices. 

Thanks for your insight!

Actually I already own these a while ago, got them in the 90ties when i was still pretty young lol.

Came across them while packing things during repainting my flat, and thought it would be worth looking at them with a more critical eye than my 15yr-old self...

Btw they are from one source, so i still have some hope for the Ostforont medal if the others are good :)

The ring of my EK has "25", ive read it stands for  " Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur-, Gold und Silberschmeide-Innungen, Hanau " .
    There's also a mark on the Merit cross' ring, but i cant make it out, maybe "800" .... ,  its a bit faint.
    I'm not really familiar with the black light method, will read up on it.

Thank You for the tips!