News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

10 Place Ribbon Bar with Austria, Bulgaria & Turkey

This was presented as a General's bar but, the lack of a Long Service award and the grades of the awards have me thinking it is likely someone at the Major level.  The large number of foreign awards would indicate either a staff officer or, possibly, an officer who saw service in the eastern theaters.  Any opinions or comments would be appreciated, as always.

DSCF2820.JPG

DSCF2821.JPG

In my opinon the owner would have been Major at the end of WW1. The Austrian order of the Iron Crown 3rd class was bestowed to foreign captains and/or majors.

The lack of long service awards:

1. some people did not display them on their ribbon bars esp. when they had enough high quality orders. 

2. the lack of the "Hindenburg-Cross" gives us a hint that this bar was produced before 1934 and there were no long service awards anyway.

I would recognize this as a bar of an officer who held the rank of colonel or general at the beginn of the 1930ties. 

Otherwise: if the crown devices on the ribbon of the Iron Crown and the bulgarian order shall demonstrate a commanders grade - which is possible - the owner would have been lieutnant colonel or colonel at the end of WW1 at all.

Kindest

Christian

Edited by Christian1962

2 hours ago, Claudius said:

And what is that first ribbon suppose to be?  It has a conspicuous placement.

I would use a Blacklight on both sides of the bar. 

Not conclusive proof of genuine, but might provide immediate evidence.

36 minutes ago, Claudius said:

I would use a Blacklight on both sides of the bar. 

Not conclusive proof of genuine, but might provide immediate evidence.

No glow.  The Hohenzollern and EK ribbons are matte silk and the others are all a "watered" silk with metallic thread on the Bulgarian.