News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A new book by AVŞAR IBAR: OTTOMAN EMPIRE’S ORDER OF THE MEDJIDIE AND ORDER OF THE OSMANIE

demir

A new book by AVŞAR IBAR: OTTOMAN EMPIRE’S ORDER OF THE MEDJIDIE AND ORDER OF THE OSMANIE

There is a new writer in the Group. Our member AVŞAR IBAR (A well known expert on these two Orders) has written, in Turkish and English, a book on the Medjidie and Osmanie Orders, and very recently published and on sale. It is a 208 pages, hard cover book with glossy paper, 17 x 24.5 cm and only 300 pieces (numbered).

I received the book today and immediately read and loved it. Although there were several books published before about the Ottoman Turkish Medals and Orders, this is a book that covers only Medjidie and Osmanie Orders. Perfect explanations and history of both Orders. He gave pictured examples of 5 classes of Medjidie and 4 classes of Osmanie breast stars and orders. There are also pictures of the boxes and a section for the fakes. Also most importantly there are the samples of foreign made Orders by French, German and Austrian makers, even an Italian maker.

The book itself is a collector item, since it is only 300 pieces.

I strongly recommend the book to our fellow collectors.

Thank you very much Avşar for writing such a book, a big contribution to our community and explaining all the facts about the two Orders.

Demir Erman

:beer:

Avşar Ibar: info@avsaribar.com    

http://www.avsaribar.com/content/default.asp

1a.JPG

1b.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

13.jpg

38.jpg

78.jpg

111.jpg

125.jpg

130.jpg

140.jpg

Edited by demir

Dear Mr.Erman , 

Thank you very , very much for your kind words and thoughts regarding the book , " Ottoman Empire's Order of the Medjidie and Order of the Osmanie " 

Honestly , it is my pleasure to know that you like my book . 

Kind Regards , 

Avsar IBAR

10 hours ago, avsaribar said:

Dear Mr.Erman , 

Thank you very , very much for your kind words and thoughts regarding the book , " Ottoman Empire's Order of the Medjidie and Order of the Osmanie " 

Honestly , it is my pleasure to know that you like my book . 

Kind Regards , 

Avsar IBAR

:love::beer:

Hello Mr Avsar, I read the book today. Both the content and the print are very nice. There is very little work done in this world so detailed. I congratulate you, but I also wish you to write about Ottoman medals.

Dear Onevoyager , 

I am happy that you bought and like my book . 

I tried to explain many details and different variations of the Medjidie and Osmanie orders in this book .  It is an outcome of hardwork and i am getting many positive feedbacks , like the one from you ... Those positive feedbacks worth all the work . 

In the future , I may write a book about Ottoman Medals too ... 

Kind Regards , 

Avsar Ibar

Hello Demir,

In one of the pinned topics you recommend 3 other books on Turkish orders and medals. If I had all 4 books, do you think it's enough or do you recommend any other books?

Cheers,

Albert

2 hours ago, AlbertR said:

Hello Demir,

In one of the pinned topics you recommend 3 other books on Turkish orders and medals. If I had all 4 books, do you think it's enough or do you recommend any other books?

Cheers,

Albert

Hello Albert, 

The first two books cover all the orders and medals and the last one mentioned in that thread about TWM is giving all the info needed about the Turkish War Medal and Avşar's book is explaining whatever you need to know about two orders, Medjidie abd Osmanie. So to answer your question; yes I think it will be enough.

Best wishes

Demir

I had the chance of being one of the first to get this excellent work on Osmanie and Medjidie orders by Avsar Ibar, one of the best dealers and collectors of ottoman Orders and medals and a good connoisseur. The book leaves a very good impression to the collector and researcher of the aforementioned Orders and covers gaps in the literature. It has good quality pictures  and contains some really rare pieces.

Highly recommended to whoever is interested in balkan phaleristics. It's worth mentioning that the mintage is only 300.

Dear Makedon , 

Thank you very much for your kind words , i am very happy that you like the book " Ottoman Empire's Order of the Medjidie and Order of the Osmanie " .

Best Regards ,

Avsar Ibar

Dear Megan ,

I will ship your book monday ( 18 June ) to United Kingdom as it is one of the biggest holidays right now in Turkey and none of the shipping services including the DHL , UPS , FEDEX and even National post is not working until monday .

All the best ,

Avsar

Edited by avsaribar

Having read this book I can say I am very impressed. This is a comprehensive work dealing with the history and evolution of both orders. Various makers and marks of both Turkish and European madeeeer pieces. From the detailed images it is possible to establish the period of manufacture. There is an in depth study of the jewelled pieces and given the quality of the forger's handy work there is a detaled study and listings of copies of each  order. This is a work that Avsar has spent several years producing and it is nothing short of a masterpiece. If you have an interest in Orders buy this book, it is worth its weight in gold and probably the finest phaleristic studies to have appeared for several years.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on the excellent work done and the detailed information and photographic evidence included in this new book on the Ottoman orders of Medjidie and Osmanie. I feel that soon the book will turn "collectable" itself!

Nikos