News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

7er placed Police medal bar from Lübeck

Dear forumites,

Here's another nice medal bar owned by a Police officer; since there are somewhere the Lübeck Hanseatenkreuz rolls but aren't yet published I think this it would be a bit more difficult to research on. Nonetheless a very nice medal bars with the fitting ribbon bar:

• Preußen, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Kl. 1914 am Kämpferband (OEK 1909), E gs/S;
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Wiederholungsspange 1939 zum Eisernes Kreuz 2. Kl. 1914, 2. Form (OEK 3825/1), BM vs ;
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 3836), Br/Tombak
    • Lübeck, Hanseatenkreuz 1915-1918, Verleih. ca. 8‘000 (OEK 1265), vs Ku E
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (OEK 3803/1), Hersteller Paul Küst Berlin, E br;
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, DA d.Polizei 1.Stufe f. 25 Jahre 1938 (OEK 3526), Br vg;
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2.Stufe (OEK 3502), Al;
    • Ungarn, 1. Weltkriegs-Erinnerungsmedaille 1914-1918.

Any comments are gladly welcome. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Claudio

fullsizeoutput_2419.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_241a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_241b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_241c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_241d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2441.jpeg

Dear Claudio

Once again a lovely medalbar, sometimes I am truly envious of your collection. It is in my opinion charming that the embroided police eagle has been put on the ribbon in a nice fashion, sadly often we see how these embroided eagles barely hang on to the ribbon, due to lacking attachment to the bar. As I said, a lovely bar. I do have one question, could you supply us with a close-up of the Lübeck hanseatic cross? I can't see whether the claws are red or black.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance, Laurentius

Hi Laurentius,

If you open up my attachment you would see that the claws are black. I also have seen, or I have in my collection, almost prominently eagles with red claws and not black... interesting!

Thanks for your good words.

Cheers,

Claudio

• 2 weeks later...

Great medal bar and ribbon bar set! 

I agree with you; I do believe the Lübeck rolls were constructed, but not published.  But surely the Lübeck rolls alone wouldn't be enough to identity this gent.  Are there rolls for one of his other awards he earned?  The 25-year TR Police Service or the Luftschutz medal?  (I'm not well apprised of TR era medal rolls.)

Hi Claudius!

Thanks for the nice words. I think that the Police long service medals and the luftschutz were given by the ten if not hundred thousands... therefore no possibility of identifying this one I’m afraid. Maybe one day a picture of the wearer could surface, who knows? ;)

ciao

C