News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

15 place ribbon bar Identifiable Perhaps

Hello, I got this bar at the Wilmington show and would like to try to see if we can identify it.  I dont know if it can be but if so I would like to ask for yall's help it finding the original owner.  Any help is appreciated

Thanks

John

20180617_130403.jpg

20180617_130416.jpg

20180617_130429.jpg

20180617_130438.jpg

20180617_130448.jpg

20180617_130457.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

-reactivated veteran.

-Württemberger

-No Auflage on the ribbon on the württemberg MMM - so it should be the silver grade.

-seems like an NCO who was promoted to Lt./1st Lt in the meantime of war. - in this rank he earned the Friedrich order knight2 X

may be the bavarian MVO4X/ austrian MMC with war decoration.

later he was reactivated - i think he finished war as a captain or major in the etappe (because of the war merit cross 2nd class X and clasp to the IC2)

In my opinion no real chance to ID that guy. May be he served at the italian front (Alpenkorps).

Edited by ixhs

33 minutes ago, ixhs said:

-reactivated veteran.

-No Auflage on the ribbon on the württemberg MMM - so it should be the silver grade.

Hi,

why reactivated veteran? He is wearing the golden eagles on his Dienstauszeichnungen, so 25 and 12 years

why Württemberg MMM silver? The ribbon is also for the Militärverdienstorden

Kind regards
    Andreas

I agree.  Of course it could be the a MVO - but i cannot see the typical 2 little holes for the device.

Reactivated ---> his later service in WW2

Reichswehr = 100.000 Mann Truppe

most of the Berufssoldaten/Offiziere wurden entlassen und

später um 1936 bei Wiedereinführung der Wehrpflicht wieder reaktiviert.

Edited by ixhs

Last ribbon also possibly Romanian Crown knight, type 1932-47.   Seems that this ribbon appears on both Orders.

Edited by 922F
    spelchek