News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

JSO- Unit for special operations

I need some help with very uncommon subject- I have had in the past original beret badge belonging to member of JSO (Jedinica Za Specijalne Operacije), previous special unit of Serbian Police. I managed to collect all the badges and sleeve insignia from the unit dating back to their roots as part of war in Croatia...as a fool I am I sold it in 2012, which I still regret. I am re-doing the collection and VERY slowly finding original items belonging to the unit.

Now, there are few offers around auction sites for the last version of the beret badges but they appear to differ somewhat in the design of the wolf's mouth. Some of them look very genuine with good detail and maker's mark (LABAT Novi Sad) on the back however the inside of the wolf's mouth is red. 

The one I owned and the one I believe all members wore did not have red mouth. Is it possible the colour wore off? Yeah, but unlikely.

I even contacted the designer of the badges Vladimir LABAT who designed number of designs for Serbian Army and Police but had no reply.

Attached are two offers on the famous auction site...anyone know anything about it, I would greatly appreciate it...probably Paja:-)

Cheers

sl1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

JSO is really not my field but could you post a photo of the back side? Based on my very limited knowledge the back side tells a lot about the authenticity of the badge. If you can see impressed wreath it should be good.

I'm not sure about the red mouth detail, as I mentioned this is really not my filed, but the back side looks good.

I've never even held one of those in my hands but it seems to me that the wolf's head can be easily separated from the base of the badge.