Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hi

Oblt dR x Haehner from FuAR 10 received the Das österr. Verdienstkreuz mit der Kriegsdekoration in spring of 1916 while serving on the Eastern front. Does it exist any award-list  for this award which can give a first name ?

He apparently later received the Hohx in late 1917 or early 1918. He is one a the few airmen mentioned in von Hoeppners book so he became "famous".  He was living in Straßburg but apparently it does not exist any on-line address books for this town. And sadly for me the archive in Straßburg is on French language so I am unable to find if he have an file there.

Anyone who have a first name for him and/or possible date and place of birth ?

Gunnar

He is listed as Hptm.a.D. Otto Heinrich Haehner in the 1930 Berlin Adreßbuch. In DeZeng and Stankey's list of Luftwaffe officers, they have him as "Hähner, Otto-Heinrich".

27.1.08 Lt.d.R.
21.2.15 OLt.d.R., z.Zt. im Ers./FußAR 10
26.6.17 Hptm.d.R. mit Pat. v. 15.6.17

He is listed as a Bankbeamter in Straßburg in the 1911 directory of reserve and Landwehr officers.  He is not in the 1926 Mitglieder-Verzeichnis of the FußAR 10 Offizier-Vereinigung.

Thanks very much Dave :)

With first names it will probably be an high chance to find his date and place of birth later on.

I have that he started as active officer in FuAR 10 and promoted Lt 19.11.1908 mit Patent 27.01.1908, then circa 1910 he went over to the Reserve of that Regiment.

Gunnar

That makes sense. I just quickly checked the 1911 Beurlaubtenstand RL, but didn't check further. Still surprising he was not in the Offizier-Vereinigung, but he may have been living in France or the Rhineland at the time and was prevented by French authorities.