News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cuban Order

And the Medal for Victory in Angola.

Obverse.

Dolf

I find it interesting that this medal has the exact same ribbon bar, ribbon suspension and pin system as the last issue East German medals. Below is an example of the reverse of the East German Waffenbruderschaft medal. Kevin

Edited by ehrentitle

• 1 year later...

Someone made a real effort to convert a knight's badge into a merit cross by removing the enamel on the arms. Or perhaps someone tried to upgrade the merit cross and made a hash of the enamel.

The ribbon color should match the enamel color on this order, so the green ribbon is appropriate in this case. Officially, the ribbon/enamel colors reflect the nature of the services rewarded (I've never had one of the types with two-color ribbons, so I'm unsure of their enamel colors):

Military merit: dark red

Humanitarian acts: red and white

Good conduct: blue

Continuous service: white and blue

Special services: green

Other services: white

I've never seen any definition of what consitutes the various categories. In my experience, the blue ribbon seems most common, followed by green and red. I have a white-ribboned piece to a US Army officer who served as an attache in Havana in the 1930s.

JB, do you have a picture of your Cuban White Order I may see. I am trying to find one belonging to a 4 star Army General awarded when the Cuban President visited the White House back during the 1930s. See my General Malin Craig posting under this site under US Medals. "Ulsterman" said you were the man! Thanks. James

Edited by Gldank

General officers received the first class of the order, which included a breast star, sash and badge. The design is the same as the badge illustrated in the other thread, but the star has the badge superimposed on it.

Nothing really fancy, anyway just posting the only two Cuban Medals in my collection.

Starting with the Medal for International Fighters.

Obverse.

Dolf

hi, i have a few of cuban military orders if interested send reply thanks greg

Edited by fizztouch

I think that a lot of the Cuban medals were actually made in East Germany.

cuban medals made now in china and assambled in cuba ifyou like book copy please send your email address and 25$ via western union, befor 29 aug., i live to cuba for 2 month thanks best regards greg

• 2 months later...
    • 3 years later...

Someone made a real effort to convert a knight's badge into a merit cross by removing the enamel on the arms. Or perhaps someone tried to upgrade the merit cross and made a hash of the enamel.

The ribbon color should match the enamel color on this order, so the green ribbon is appropriate in this case. Officially, the ribbon/enamel colors reflect the nature of the services rewarded (I've never had one of the types with two-color ribbons, so I'm unsure of their enamel colors):

Military merit: dark red

Humanitarian acts: red and white

Good conduct: blue

Continuous service: white and blue

Special services: green

Other services: white

I've never seen any definition of what consitutes the various categories. In my experience, the blue ribbon seems most common, followed by green and red. I have a white-ribboned piece to a US Army officer who served as an attache in Havana in the 1930s.

hi i have a few pre castro orders if interested let me know will send more info etc. thanks greg