News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Would it be possible to find a list of the first 14 awardees of the Schaumburg-Lippe MVM 1849 version? According to Dave Danner, there were 7 to SL-officers and 7 to Hessen-Kassel and Sachson officers. I am most interested in the names of the hessians. Sofar I have 3: Leutnant Georg Ernst Wille, Johnn Carl Rainier von Ende and Major Friedrich Wilhelm Carl Eduard Freiherr von Haynau.

Hoping to complete the list, I turn to the experts on this forum

Greetings David,

I believe that this medal is an example of what you are looking for. It is inscribed on the rim - “SIXT VON ARMIN KÖN. PREUSS HAUPT. IM 2 WESTPH. INFANT. REC. N. 15”

I hope that this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

1250.1050404 copy.jpg

1250.1050404A copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jaeger7,

Thank you for your inquiry. First, as you will see below, there is something that I should correct. In my original post where I said that the inscription reads “SIXT VON ARMIN…”, it should be “SIXT.v.ARMIN. …”.

To your question, I would say that it is stamped, not engraved.

I hope that this information and these pictures are helpful. Thank you again for your inquiry and interest.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

DSC_0005 2.jpg

DSC_0002 2.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Hello Wild Card,

this is an interesting piece - and I am trying to  find some more info on this Captain.

I have had a look into the regimental history of IR 15.

I did not find a Hauptmann Sixt von Armin for 1849. But there have been two Seconde Leutnants v. Arnim which promoted to Captain later and where both transfered to IR 55 in 1860.
    The 1849 campaign is not very prominent in the history of the regiment, it is barely mentioned on a few pages

Maybe the spelling of the name in the book is wrong.

Furthermore I would like to find out more about the link of IR 15 to Schaumburg-Lippe in this campaign.

Regards

Torsten

Edited by jaeger7

Hello jaeger7,

I wish that I could provide some more answers on this medal and the members of the family Sixt von Armin to whom it may have presented; but I just don’t do not have any more information to go upon.

Hopefully, some of our fellow members will be able to help.

Best wishes,

Wild Card