Gentleman's Military Interest Club

I recently bought this badge quite cheap at a fair mainly as a gap filler. Looking at it more closely it looks pretty period. The mark is Brehmer Berlin. 3 but I can't find an example of that maker on the internet to compare. I like to know where the differences are between fake and real. I'd be grateful for any comments from the experts.

Thank you.

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01590a.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

The reason you can't find any reference for this maker and Para badges is that Gustav Brehmer, although a wartime producer of badges, did not supply Para badges to the Luftwaffe.

This is a very poor attempt at faking a para badge, even down to the maker mark stating that they were based in Berlin when, in fact, they were based in Markneukirchen - Saxony.

Brehmer was a premier manufacturer of badges, and to give you some idea how good they were.... 

257820509_GustavBrehmer.thumb.jpg.ecd5a1a8e5ef40997e014434e8e9a785.jpg

below are some original badges, by various makers, which will hopefully show why the fallschirmjäger wore them so proudly.

para_comp_coll.thumb.jpg.c3b0b67d88ae6cb52112e650322d367a.jpg

Thank you John that was the simple answer to that. It shall therefore remain known as "the gap filler" and remind me to keep an eye open for a good one. I only paid £10 which should have told me something anyway.

Grateful for your knowledge as usual.

Best Regards

Garry

10 quid to have that feeling of ye olde ticker racing in anticipation....cheap at double the price. :beer:

Hopefully not racing too much. Already had one heart attack but hey you are right collecting research and learning, nothing better.:cheers:

Best Regards

Garry