News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi, assistance please if possible, this image from Wiki, shows von Kern, does anyone recognise the decoration indicated, It is familiar and feel I should know it but the brains not working, and I cant find it in my references.

Any help appreciated

regards

Alex K

Bruno_von_Kern,_wiki pd copy.JPG

Dear Alex K

As ixhs said it looked like a dutch medal so I went on a small internetsearch and I think that I've found the medal. It's the officerscross of the Dutch house-order of Oranje-Nassau, I'll add a picture for you.

Kind regards, Laurentius

image.jpeg.2c58772c8a1e7da49b3df2ee0a6a4bdc.jpeg

22 hours ago, laurentius said:

Dear Alex K

As ixhs said it looked like a dutch medal so I went on a small internetsearch and I think that I've found the medal. It's the officerscross of the Dutch house-order of Oranje-Nassau, I'll add a picture for you.

Kind regards, Laurentius

image.jpeg.2c58772c8a1e7da49b3df2ee0a6a4bdc.jpeg

So this site is wrong? https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orde_van_Oranje-Nassau#De_versierselen

it says the decorations did not vary since the foundation of the order

To me it looks more like this

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huisorde_van_Oranje#De_Huisorde_bij_zijn_instelling_in_1905_en_de_later_ingestelde_graden

Dear David M

No, it is not wrong, it's a completly different medal, although the confussion can be understood since their names are so similar. The general in the picture is wearing the 1.st type Officerscross of the House-order of Oranje-Nassau. The order you refer to is the order of Oranje-Nassau. The difference in these orders is the institution that gives them away. The house-order is given out by the royal family, whilst the order is given out by the state, and although this order has a crown the royal family does not have a say in who is awarded. The order of Oranje-Nassau has not changed, whilst the House-order has.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Hi all, He's actually wearing this, found it on a auction hause site

regards

Alex

1 (1).jpg

1 (2).jpg

2.jpg

since the medal bar has been mentioned, attached, to me they look like Mecklenburg decorations, or am I wrong.

Untitled-1 copy.JPG

Hi Thanks for that, with regards to the medal after the BMVO4X, I was basing on the look of the ribbon, difficult to see but it appears to have multiple stripes similar to the Meck, mvk, but I bow to superior knowledge

regards

5 hours ago, laurentius said:

Dear David M

No, it is not wrong, it's a completly different medal, although the confussion can be understood since their names are so similar. The general in the picture is wearing the 1.st type Officerscross of the House-order of Oranje-Nassau. The order you refer to is the order of Oranje-Nassau. The difference in these orders is the institution that gives them away. The house-order is given out by the royal family, whilst the order is given out by the state, and although this order has a crown the royal family does not have a say in who is awarded. The order of Oranje-Nassau has not changed, whilst the House-order has.

Kind regards, Laurentius

not to be difficult, but its the house order of Oranje and the Order of Oranje-Nassau, right?