Gentleman's Military Interest Club
JohanH

My little collection of Finnish winterwar medals

Here is my collection of winter war medals from Finland. Talvisota muistomitali or TsMM.

First picture shows all medals with the 15 existing clasps awarded to Finnish personnel. P1000652.thumb.JPG.271d8053ed28f1e761de245a3ba9da38.JPG

Second picture shows my collection of TsMM awarded to foreigners with four different clasps. On has it´s original bag included.
Then there is the bronze and silver medal, one of the silver medals is a real hallmarked one and the other is a official copy made to a museum in Finland. The museum medal might be for sale or trade if anyone is interested.

Now I only need a gold one to complete my collection. But since only 7 awarded to heads of state, it´s impossible to obtain.
The silver one is awarded 42 times and extremely hard to find and very expensive once you find one for sale.

P1000653.thumb.JPG.0188506169c6d20b58fb1b95fcd0c415.JPG

:cheers:

Great Collection , the Silver medal for foreigners is really scarce , I haven´t seen one for sale in ten years.

In 2006-2008 there was 4 ! of them sold , I was offered one for 2000 $  But I took my money and went on a roadtrip to US instead :D

christer