News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 10:18, 03fahnen said:

Apart from the rare combination of medals, there are other elements that allow to see that it is false?

If this bar was made in that narrow period after the Anschluss but before the Hungary and Bulgaria was fully recognized as allied powers, then this would be a special bar. 

But I also don't like ribbon #2 -insofar as what I would expect to also be on the ribbon bar and what isn't on the ribbon bar.

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:36, P.F. said:

Looks like a nice genuine Godet made bar. Devices and ribbons are good with consistent wear. Precedence of ribbons is also correct for a post Anschluss made bar.

I don't anything particular that disturbs me... the pin set up and the color of the covering fabric on the back of the bar indicates that this could well be a Godet made one. The only thing that put me estetically a bit off, is the different type of swords devices (smaller) put on the Austrian WWI commemorative, but this is acceptable because also on the full sized ribbon of this medal the swords were slightly different, Austrian type. Moreover is totally ok that the Hungarian and Bulgarian WWI ribbons, although allied of Germany in WWII, are in the end of the bar as they should. The Austrian ribbon is correctly placed after the FEK (Hindenburg) as after 1938 (Anschluss) Austrian decorations were considered "German"... with some exception.

Ciao,

C

On 08/08/2018 at 17:48, 03fahnen said:

Thank you very much to all for your interest

I'm on vacation in a town with little internet coverage

The color of the second tape is dark blue

That is Brunswick EK2。This combination is really weird. Usually, the Austrian Battle Memorial and Hungary.

• 2 weeks later...