News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sweden The order of the Sword

Hi, I have tried to find more information about especially Swedish war time award "Knight Grand Cross" (in swedish Riddare med stora korset) or "Knight Grand Cross First Class" (in swedish Riddare med stora korset av första klass ). Is there any list of list of recipients and datums even in swedish? And has been ever in public sale the order with brilliants?

Hello Janne!

I found this list of recipients for Knight grand cross.

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_över_riddare_med_stora_korset_av_Svärdsorden

The last recipient was Mannerheim of Finland.

Perhaps it´s possible to get more information if you contact the Swedish Royal Court?

As far as I know there has never been a order with brilliants for public sale.

These were the recepients for the order with brilliants according to Wikipedia:

Hei Johan!

Thank you very much for your answer and link! That list I didnt found earlier.

Do you know if the badge of the Knight grand cross is similar to the same normal Sword badge? I tried to find pictures of that but no luck so far.