News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello guys, I wonder if you can help me. I do not consider myself a big collector but over the years I have acquired maybe 20 or so DKiGs. Included are almost one of each variant 10 rivet, 6 rivet type one Junker, Godet etc. I am thinking it may be time to sell as my interest has wained. Can anyone suggest the best way to sell the entire collection please. Thank you in advance.

Finding a private collector who will buy the entire collection is going to be problematic as such a collector is already going to have certain examples of the DKiG, that you are trying to sell, and will most likely want to 'cherry pick' the one's that he doesn't.  

I think your options are:

Find a reputable dealer that will pay a fair price for the entire collection.... no mean feat.

Sell the collection individually... in this way, you can control each sale by means of negotiation which will hopefully get you closer to a price you are looking for.

To test the water....try placing the collection, or a few examples, in the forum for sale section.  The word soon gets around that a collection is available.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:44, J Temple-West said:

Finding a private collector who will buy the entire collection is going to be problematic as such a collector is already going to have certain examples of the DKiG, that you are trying to sell, and will most likely want to 'cherry pick' the one's that he doesn't.  

I think your options are:

Find a reputable dealer that will pay a fair price for the entire collection.... no mean feat.

Sell the collection individually... in this way, you can control each sale by means of negotiation which will hopefully get you closer to a price you are looking for.

To test the water....try placing the collection, or a few examples, in the forum for sale section.  The word soon gets around that a collection is available.

Dealers will only pay at the most 50 percent of the value.  If you have the time and do not need the money sell them individually as you will get more for your money.  A great site for selling is on Facebook "Military Collectibles for Sale/Trade".  If they have been shown on military sites and members have said they are good post that link in  your sale.  Good Luck.  Jim

Thanks Jim, I am not in a hurry to sell and to be honest it will be hard to do so. I think selling the 1st one will be the hardest, stupid isnt it? I have so much stuff i think its time to start selling a few things and my DKiG collection is probably something i could do without these days.  Thank you for the tips I will look into your advice.

Gary