News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Afrika stick pin

Hi all,

I forgot about this one the other night. I'm pretty sure it's one of the 57 awards which represented the award of the Afrika cufftitle... in stickpin version of course.

IPB Image

I love the history of the DAK so this was a great little addition to my collection.

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

Dan

Hi Dan ,

Thanks for showing it , here is it,s twin on a ribbon bar :

EK2 , Afrika cufftitle , Sports badge in bronze , Afrika medal .

Note the unique ribbon used for the cufftitle instead of the neutral blue / grey ribbon usually used for awards .

Edited by Grant Broadhurst

And here is it,s big brother , 1957 Afrika cuff title :

Hi Grant,

Ooooooh! Covet... heavy on the covet!!!! :jumping::jumping::love::love: On both counts! Beautiful!

Well, that confirms then that the stickpin is a 57 as I suspected. And I never knew they actually reissued the cuff titles as well! I'm impressed... can't wait to get them both! :lol:

Oh, good news on the job front... looks like things won't be as bad as I thought. Seems the state and my company are getting it all worked out and I won't be squashed when the giants fight which is what I thought was going to happen. Needless to say I'm very happy. Would be even happier if I end up with a raise since even they admit that I've been doing a great job and they're veeeeery happy!

And I'm still pondering selling some more TR pieces... in a way it's like selling old friends but money can be friendly too if in enough quanity! :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing! I'm in love all over again. :cheers:

Dan

Hi Dan ,

There is a bit of debate as to wether they did actually authorise the cufftitle,s , hopefully someone will chime in with a bit more info .

I,m just hedging my bets as you could get these cufftitle,s over the counter at the local jeweller,s in Germany as 1957 model,s they are made differently to the wartime one,s especially the kurland . and you can also get the paper packet,s for them .

I don't think they were authorised for wear on the bundeswehr uniform , i think they were made for a short time for vets .

Hi Dan ,

There is a bit of debate as to wether they did actually authorise the cufftitle,s , hopefully someone will chime in with a bit more info .

I,m just hedging my bets as you could get these cufftitle,s over the counter at the local jeweller,s in Germany as 1957 model,s they are made differently to the wartime one,s especially the kurland . and you can also get the paper packet,s for them .

I don't think they were authorised for wear on the bundeswehr uniform , i think they were made for a short time for vets .

I take it their vets no longer wear special vets uniforms like in the old days... would have been nice for that if nothing else. Unofficial or official they sure are nice! I love the coloring on yours and I've also always been very partial to the Afrika with palms model. :love::jumping::cheers:

Dan