News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What is this medal

LManz

What year do you think this was minted?  1907?

19 hours ago, JapanX said:

Безымянный.jpg

Thank you!!  This has been really helpful to my understanding of what it is.  All these years, I thought it had something to do with the Korean War!

2 hours ago, LManz said:

Do you think it has any value to a collector or museum?

Oh, I do think it would have value to a collector.  The bronze and silver medals are scare, but they do show up from time to time in auction houses.  For those who can't wait and want to buy it immediately, there is likely one for sale right now on a website for an unreasonable price.  But at a realistic price I believe it would be almost irresistible to a collector of Imperial Korean medals.  However, it would take further research to find out what that price would be.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh. My. God!

That is the holy grail of Korean medal collecting! You are the luckiest collector on the site for 2018! I would cheerfully trade twelve EK1s for that!

The value of this medal has skyrocketed since “ Mr Sunshine” aired on KBS/ KBT. 

Also, one of Asias’ biggest films of last year was about this couples’ daughter- “The Last Princess! “

The last one I saw at auction in the USA went for $2000 and was resold in Seol six weeks later to the Blue House collection for $5000. 

This is one of the very few independent Korean Empire ( Joeson) medals actually awarded! Estimates are about 1000 were given out- mostly bronze. After the Japanese military intelligence coup d’tat was completed this medal was banned. 

It is VERY desirable in Korea now! 

Edited by Ulsterman

On 06/11/2018 at 01:23, Ulsterman said:

Oh. My. God!

That is the holy grail of Korean medal collecting! You are the luckiest collector on the site for 2018! I would cheerfully trade twelve EK1s for that!

Also, one of Asias’ biggest films of last year was about this couples’ daughter- “The Last Princess! “

The last one I saw at auction in the USA went for $2000 and was resold in Seol six weeks later to the Blue House collection for $5000. 

This is one of the very few independent Korean Empire ( Joeson) medals actually awarded! Estimates are about 1000 were given out- mostly bronze. After the Japanese military intelligence coup d’tat was completed this medal was banned. 

I love a happy ending!

usually the unknown is not so interesting!

tony

On 06/11/2018 at 09:23, Ulsterman said:

Oh. My. God!

626222283_QQ20181114164820.png.996a4fbf13eaaf8ddd03b6cd7517a7c7.png

I am sorry to find that this medal that I have collected for two months has been sold, because I recently liked the breast star, I feel very charming.

It turns out that you also like to watch "Mr. Sunshine". This is a good TV series, but his ending makes me feel sad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen, 

I do not know from where you get this value figures for Korea Crown Prince Wedding Medal, but the silver version of this medals pop's up in auction house in the UK, maybe one every 2 years, with a range price about 400 to 600 GBP incl buyer premium.

Of course the bronze version is much much rarer.

Regards.

Emmanuel

• 1 year later...

This medal is collecting dust on  my shelf.  Should I keep this medal as a souvenir of my father's time in Korea or try to sell it?  Anyone have any offers out there?

Regards,

Lou

18 hours ago, LManz said:

This medal is collecting dust on  my shelf.  Should I keep this medal as a souvenir of my father's time in Korea or try to sell it?  Anyone have any offers out there?

Regards,

Lou

I like it very much, but I do n’t have enough money to buy it. . Good luck, if you plan to sell, the price I gave is about $ 800, or auction

• 4 months later...