News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NEED HELP: Feldwebel Wilhelm Grimm, Heer 67th Infanterie Regiment

If anyone has access to NARA files or anything on him it would be appreciated.  The only that I know is that he earned a DKiG at a different rank from someone at another forum who has a tunic of his.  I have a EKII document of his.  I didn’t think much of it until he brought up since I have had the document for some years now.  I didn’t even know he was a DKiG winner.

thanks in advance.

I don't think there are any files at NARA for non-Officers (except possibly SS) and in terms of awards the DKiG holders don't seem to get anywhere near the same exposure as RKT. NARA has pension files for RKT but as far as I know it doesn't have details for DKiG winners. Even in specific unit history books it is not uncommon for the winners of the DKiG to get no mention at all - over 24,000 were awarded so it isn't surprising considering how relatively common it is.

Your best hope would be to contact Deutsche Dienstelle and request a copy of his service details and hope that the person at DD who receives the request is one of those who doesn't stick to the letter of the law. However, considering that there are 75 'Wilhelm Grimm' listed as being killed in Volksbund you will need his date, and possibly place, of birth to stand any chance of them locating him in their files.