News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with the ID of Austro-Hungarian awards of Croatian WW2 Generals

Wladimir Laxa:

Orden der Eisernen Krone 2. Kl. mit KD und Schwertern: 

PVBl. 148/1917 vom 11.08.1917, A.h.E. vom 01.08.1917 – Präs. 21.006 v. 03.08.1917

Militärverdienstkreuz 2. Kl. mit KD und Schwertern:

PVBl. 243/1917 vom 24.12.1917, A.h.E. vom 15.12.1917 – Präs. 36.078 v. 17.12.1917

Regards

Christian

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Christian1962 said:

#3: Grand officer cross of italian Maurizio e Lazzaro

and here his austrian decorations:

Percevic.JPG

Thank you Christian. Where did you find his Austrian decorations?

Do you own that book or did you find it on the internet?

I know about this site: https://hungaricana.hu/en/ with digitalised k.u.k. Rangliste and other books.

From which one is this exempt for Perčević?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

Thank you Christian. Where did you find his Austrian decorations?

Do you own that book or did you find it on the internet?

I know about this site: https://hungaricana.hu/en/ with digitalised k.u.k. Rangliste and other books.

From which one is this exempt for Perčević?

Thanks

Yes, the link is correct. I found it here:

https://library.hungaricana.hu/en/view/RanglistenHeeres_1918/?pg=84&layout=s&query=Percevic

Regards

Christian

Does anyone know if A-H awards of General Slavko Štancer (also spelled Stancer or Stanzer) are listed in any of the k.u.k. Ranglisten or other books? I couldn't find it. He was lastly an Oberst in the k.u.k. army I believe.

Thanks

P.S. Thanks 1812 Overture and Christian for your help!

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral

I have an Ignácz Stancer promoted to Oberst (in the k.u. Honvéd) on 1 Nov 1917. If this is your Stancer then he was awarded the following:

FJO-OK(KDS), EKO-R3(KDS), MVK3 (KDS), BMVM, KTK, MJM98, MJK08,  MK13.

17 hours ago, Ian said:

I have an Ignácz Stancer promoted to Oberst (in the k.u. Honvéd) on 1 Nov 1917. If this is your Stancer then he was awarded the following:

FJO-OK(KDS), EKO-R3(KDS), MVK3 (KDS), BMVM, KTK, MJM98, MJK08,  MK13.

Thank you Ian. Could you please write the full names of the awards?

Franz Joseph Order - Officer´s Cross with War Decoration and Swords 

Iron Crown Order 3rd Class with War Decoration and Swords 

Military Merit Cross 3rd Class with War Decoration and Swords 

Bronze Military Merit Medal

Karl Army Cross

Commemorative Medal 1898  for Military

Commemorative Cross 1908  for Military

Balkan Mobilisation Cross 1912-1913

Thank you guys for all the help!

Does anyone have any info about the A-H awards of the following Croatian officers:

Ante Matasić (k.u.k. Generalmajor)

Fedor Dragojlov (k.u.k. Oberstleutnant, Staff officer)

Milan Mizler (k.u.k. Oberst, not sure about this one)

Slavko Kvaternik (staff officer, adjutant to Feldmarschall Borojević)

Vilim Begić (k.u.k. Oberst, Intendant officer)

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Christian1962 said:

Maybe you would have a look at yourself, here is the link:

https://library.hungaricana.hu/en/collection/austrian_state_archives/

Help yourself….

Regards

Christian

I know about that page. But I was only able to find Slavko Kvaternik, not the rest.

I don't have much experience with k.u.k. books and Rangliste. So I don't know where to search exactly.

Untitled17.png

Hi Gents

I F**kn love this thread.

It’s interesting, entertaining and unique in my opinion

It is everything you could want from a forum in my limited opinion.

I used to google my things and often found GMIC as a source of information. One day I joined so I could contribute about a family history post Re IR83 that I related to.

Then I said to myself now share some things I have...

—-///———-/—

This thread is so interesting and informative about things I would never have enquired about.

1812 Overture is in China..,,  he breaks the law to contribute...   I have his email just in case we ever lose him. He expects that one day he will loose access for sure.  I love him and his spirit!

Tifes....  you have been a member a long time and when you post it is not flippant contribution!  

922f your posts look from their ‘font’ to be translated. I know that takes time and effort. Thank you!’

im not being condescending- I mean it.

So, i choose here, after a couple of vino to say thank you all because this is what it is all about.

———..\\——

MMO and MBO?

could Gents please confirm the abbreviation for me?

cheers tony

****_|\____-***

On 25/11/2018 at 00:41, tifes said:

I can serve only concerning A-H decoration

Knight's Cross of the Austrian Military Order of Maria Theresa (awarded on 12 October 1921)
    -Military Merit Cross 2nd Class with War Decoration and Swords (Austria-Hungary) (1917) - this one is higher then EKO II (awarded after EKOII for sure)

- Order of the Iron Crown 2nd Class with War Decoration and Swords (Austria-Hungary) (1916/1917)
    -Knight's Cross of the Austrian Imperial Order of Leopold with War Decoration  (1915) (no swords)

-Order of the Iron Crown 3rd Class (Austria-Hungary) (1913) 

-Military Merit Cross 3rd Class (peace version) (Austria-Hungary) (1909)
    -Honour Cross 1st Class for Services to the Red Cross (Austria-Hungary) -during WWI (quite high decoration form only general-major)
    -Bronze Military Merit Medal (Signum Laudis) with Swords on the Ribbon of the Military Merit Cross (Austria-Hungary)
    -Bronze Military Merit Medal (Signum Laudis) on the Red Ribbon (peace version) (Austria-Hungary)
    -Military Long Service Decoration for Officers for 25 years (Austria-Hungary)
    -War Service Medal 1873 (Kriegsmedaille) (Austria-Hungary) -  not official award
    -Commemorative Medal 1898 on the Ribbon for Military (Austria-Hungary)
    -Commemorative Cross 1908 on the Ribbon for Military (Austria-Hungary)
    -Balkan Mobilisation Cross 1912-1913 (Austria-Hungary) - never awarded

It seems that for some period of time he was not active on battlefield, just on hinterland. 

laxa.png

On 24/11/2018 at 03:39, 1812 Overture said:

psb.thumb.jpg.33a7bb30dd73d1c1c5d5f8ae88a0390a.jpg

Photo of Austrian-Hungarian military wearing a large cross-class Bulgarian military order

1496681093_QQ20181124113655.png.f1184075a9908e753cd18a68e27baa94.png

As for the bar, you can refer to this photo. Austria’s military meritorious cross and the “Certificate of Glory” medal can be obtained many times, and the war period must be arranged in front of peacetime.

On 23/11/2018 at 22:52, 922F said:

After 1936, the Bulgarian MMO comprised 6 enameled classes + 2 unenameled crosses.  Grand Cross, First Class, [both with sash, badge & 8 point star but differing details like star body format & sash width and color dimensions to distinguish grade difference], Grand Officer [neck badge, cravat & 4 point star], Commander, Officer & Knight + 2 unenameled crosses.   All could be awarded after 1916 with KD [an enameled laurel/oak wreath applied around the obverse center].  This KD appurtenance appeared only for the Order grades NOT the unenameled crosses.  Officer, Knight, & unenameled crosses used the Military Bravery ribbon rather than the MMO ribbon to demonstrate KD entitlement.   One 'grade' of the  unenameled crosses had a suspension crown & the other did not.

As sometimes typical, wiki's entry is faulty--the actual grade illustrated as Grand Cross on the site you linked [2nd image below] is a First Class with KD insignia set. 

Images of a GC with KD insignia set follow

GC set.jpg

First Class set (1).jpg

Silver cross without crown but with MBO ribbon signifying KD award

images.jpg

tony

Bulgarian MMO = Bulgarian Military Merit Order [correctly by statute, National Order of Merit, Military Division but generally known in Bulgaria as Орден за Военна Заслуга or Order of Military Merit].  Bulgarian MBO = Bulgarian Military Bravery Order [correctly by statute, Order of Bravery-Орден за Храброст].

• 3 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone.

Colonel General Vilim (Vilko) Begić, last A-H rank was k.u.k. Oberst, Intendant officer.

The only photo of him that shows his awards is this one.

I apologise for the poor quality and the fact that he is standing sideways. But this is the best I could find.

I don't know if anyone can recognize any A-H awards from his medal bar? If not, perhaps someone could find them in a Rangliste?

Regarding the breast stars:

1 ???

2 ???

3 Grand Cross of the Romanian Order of the Crown ???

I think there is one more breast star to the left of number 2? Not visible though.

Thanks!

Untitled - Copy.png

Hello , my only contribution is regarding his uniform, the uniform of a General of the Croatian Regular Army, in which ranks Begic was first Major General and then Lieutenant General and full General , Infantry. Begic was more politically compromised than Stanzer or Markuij . the number 1 is the First Class Cross with star of the Order of the Crown of King Zvonimir. Begic was awarded with it. Stanzer too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Could #2 be the Order of the German Eagle? If yes, which class?

And do you agree #3 is the Grand Cross of the Romanian Order of the Crown?

I also found this photo, from the funeral of Tsar Boris III of Bulgaria, dated 5 September 1943.

#4 ??? (breast star)

#5 ??? (neck order)

Thanks!

P.S. Did anyone find a list of his A-H decorations perhaps?

Trauerzug des Bulgarischen König Boris III., 5. 9. 43..png

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...

4 & 5 = Hungarian Order of Merit [1922] 2nd class set -- can't tell but looks like civil division.  If there are swords in the cross angles, then military division.  Sash appears to be Bulgarian MMO lst class.

• 3 weeks later...

Judging mostly by the badge [lowest one, hangs almost beside star] this looks like a civil division set.   Take into consideration my poor eyesight combined with the image size & wash-out, however.   

• 6 months later...
    On 08/02/2019 at 16:57, 922F said:

Judging mostly by the badge [lowest one, hangs almost beside star] this looks like a civil division set.   Take into consideration my poor eyesight combined with the image size & wash-out, however.   

Another photo of Begić!

1 Grand Cross of the Croatian Order of the Crown of King Zvonimir with Star and Swords 

2 ???

3 ???

4 Grand Cross of the Romanian Order of the Crown ???

5 ???

Begic.jpg

Hello,

What I see on general´s uniform (…but maybe I am wrong somewhere…):

1. Grand Cross of the Croatian Order of the Crown of King Zvonimir with Star and Swords 

2. Bulgarian Order of Military Merit, Grand Cross (I. Class)

3. Slovak War Victory Cross I. Class

4. Grand Cross of the Romanian Order of the Crown

5. 3rd Reich´s German Eagle Order II. Class

Regards,

Tifes