News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Loyal Service Medal

Gentlemen,

From my research there appears to be three different models of this award.  One without the crown; one with the crown; and one with swords and the crown.  The one with the swords and the crown would indicate the military side of this award.  But why have two different civil awards?  Who would have been awarded the one without the crown and the one with the crown?  Please ignore the ribbons.  These are just illustrations from the web to illustrate my point.

Regards,

Gordon

a_romanian_loyal_53ce8ea18d0d3.jpg

RO241d.jpg

RO364a.jpg

2 hours ago, Gordon Craig said:

RO364a.jpg

Hi Gordon

This is old type of the medal with the coat of arms in use until 1922 (and it should also have a surmounting crown). The other ones are of the type used during WWII.

Edited by Carol I

You're welcome, Gordon. Here is more on the history of the medal. It was originally established in 1878 as a two class award and was reorganised as a three class award in 1932. The wartime awards (with swords) were introduced in 1937, also in a three-class system.