Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Sign in to follow this  
Paul R

Polish Home Army Items

Here is a new branch to my collecting interest-  An original Polish Home Army armband and post war medal to a participant in the Warsaw Uprising of 1944.  I hope to add to this thread in the future.

Paul

Home ARmy1.jpg

Home Army.jpg

Kind of a late reply but have you managed to add any more items to this theme? Very interesting branch of collecting for sure! Love the armband!

Hello,

I have a VM, Valor Cross (Govt in Exile reversed ribbon), and wartime hat badge coming in now.  Sadly, these are all unattributed.  

I am working on deal for a stellar attributed grouping to a VM winner (with Bor's signature on the citation).  He was a sabotage officer in Warsaw during the Uprising.  The current owner was not able to get anywhere with the archives due to the sensitivity of his job (?), but it's a work in progress.  The grouping contains the VM, Home Army Medal, Polish War Medal with four bars, and a pre-war Independence Medal, all with documents.  Also included are his prayer book, original photograph, and some other odds and ends. 

Thank you for the compliment on the above.  The Armband was something I was seeking for a long time.  These are so scary in that they are heavily reproduced.  I am just happy to have an original, despite it being unattributed. 

The Home Army Medal and document belong to a female fighter.

Nice! Hope you get those items and I'm looking forward to seeing them once you got them, especially medals.