News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ordre du Mérite combattant Commandeur -Price

nickstrenk

Hello,collegues!Who will be so kind and tell me the price of this award?I am not able to find out it throuhg the internet.Award -the order is in original etue but with some damages of enamel in the circle.I hope I will add some pictures of the item later.Thanks for your answers.

Price depends on what you are willing to pay and/or how long you are willing to wait for it.  

Anywhere from 275 euros --with damage, no case--to 450 euros with case.  Look on French eBay [https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Ordre du Mérite combattant&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684] and French dealers' sites. 

One with enamel damage to motto ring & one star point sold several years ago at a U.S. auction for about $200 including commission but not delivery. 

1 hour ago, 922F said:

Price depends on what you are willing to pay and/or how long you are willing to wait for it.  

Anywhere from 275 euros --with damage, no case--to 450 euros with case.  Look on French eBay [https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Ordre du Mérite combattant&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684] and French dealers' sites. 

One with enamel damage to motto ring & one star point sold several years ago at a U.S. auction for about $200 including commission but not delivery. 

Many,many thanks.That means it will be no problem to sell it for 250euro.I did not know about existence of French ebay.I am registerred only in the US ebay.

Edited by nickstrenk

• 1 year later...
    • 1 year later...

Having some more time I decided to take 2 pictures of the Order of 1 st Grade.Weight of the Badge 52 gr,total weight with the original case 175 gr.There are not many of them 100 awards.The order  is prepared for sale,though I am registerred in the US ebay,I will try to deal in the French one.

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

You should determine whether it is silver gilt or bronze gilt as that affects price.  Appears to be a mark on the suspension lug; check the ribbon cravat loop and edges of arms as well.   Maybe a maker's mark too--usually Bertrand or Paris Mint.   There're a couple of discussions regarding French mark/punch ID on GMIC threads and Internet.  Case lid interior may have identifying cartouche or stamp indicating award or case maker.  Good luck with your sale!