Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Sign in to follow this  
Von Thronstahl

Unknown arm insignia

Except MG and Bergfuhrer insignia I have never seen anything else worn on the sleeve. It looks like an anchor plus something else.  Anybody saw something similar?

img326.jpg

img327 - Copy.jpg

Hello Von Tronstahl , I think that the men in the pic are members of some of the paramilitary forces of the Austrian republic .Heimwehr .their collar patches are not Army shape

Hello Bayern. Thank you for your help.  Photo is part of the photo lot I got from Czech republic. So, I presume they are not Heimwehr.

I think that to identify the badge and uniforms, we should refer to early Czechoslowakia, or even Poland, from the early 20s.

I cannot imagine that badge being an imperial AH one.

Best,

E.L.

Hello Von Thronstahl. That make sense , the shape of the collar patches is those of the French organized Legion Tchecoslovaque.certainl y the uniforms looks like AH but the man in the centre wears what appears to be a French vareuse bleu horizon ,the badge is rare the czechs used an oval one in dark blue cloth with the capitals C S in silver. the badge showed appears as a polish eagle over a pointed cloth shield .