Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hi all,

I thought I'd post one the ribbon bars from the last Zeige lot. This one features the Red Eagle order with the bow and swords. There are no holes so the prongs do not go through and are held in place by the ribbons. It looks like just for this reason a wide ribbon for the Eagle order was used to fixate everything in place. All ribbons blacklight negativ.

Any thoughts in general and any thoughts on what that second all yellow ribbon is?

All comments appreciated.

Thanks. Peter

2A.jpg

2B.jpg

It’s very interesting for certain. I haven’t found another award to represent the second yellow ribbon 

Let me get this straight: that's a RAO3 with Schleife on civil ribbon, with a swords device for a military award. I'm confused.

4 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

Let me get this straight: that's a RAO3 with Schleife on civil ribbon, with a swords device for a military award. I'm confused.

Possibly sword "on the ring".

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:47, ccj said:

It’s very interesting for certain. I haven’t found another award to represent the second yellow ribbon 

Hmmmm...straightaway there is one that I can think of, but looking at the bar I don't see any other affiliations with Schwarzburg.  

I want to believe this ribbon bar, but I don't understand it (the awards, the ordering, the construction).

Posted (edited)

Maybe the 2nd orange ribbon is related to The Netherlands, e.g. house-order Oranje merit medal?

Then the arrangement of the ribbons would make sense:

All Prussian orders first, then the two Lippe-awards and on the last position the foreign Oranje-order.

Edited by Solomon

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:25, VtwinVince said:

If it's 'Schwerter am Ring', this combo should be identifiable.

Hi all. Thanks for all the comments so far.

Does anyone have access to the information of those awarded the swords on the ring?

Thnx. Peter