News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 Bronze war medal - chinese labour corp

Hi all,

Thought I would post this for you to have a look at.

British issue Bronze war medal to a member of the Chinese Labour Corp.

105815 Chinese L. C.

was told when I acquired it that it is to a Chang Tien Shu

but I have no idea where to find out more.

Enjoy!

(sorry the edge shots are poor- I'll get it right eventually!)

bronze war medal chinese labour corp.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

Hi Paul,

I bought this and a ww2 Air Crew Europe Star a few years ago, from a dealer I trust in Scotland and I believe them to be original.

Are there any areas of the BWM you think I should look closer at?

I'll post the star later on, (flat battery in camera!). Should it be on a different thread or is it ok on here?

Thanks for the warning!

Glenn

On 04/01/2015 at 06:09, rdarby said:

The roll for the Chinese LC is available in the National Archives. I believe Gregory James' book includes it:

http://ww1centenary.net/2013/12/05/ww1-books-the-chinese-labour-corps-1916-20/

Found this from 2015. I'll try the archives and hopefully get some more info and buying a new book..... roll on payday!

Thanks.

On 09/01/2019 at 11:40, glenngenie said:

Hi Paul,

I bought this and a ww2 Air Crew Europe Star a few years ago, from a dealer I trust in Scotland and I believe them to be original.

Are there any areas of the BWM you think I should look closer at?

I'll post the star later on, (flat battery in camera!). Should it be on a different thread or is it ok on here?

Thanks for the warning!

Glenn

Thankfully you used a truated dealer as the Air Crew Europe Star is one of the most faked medals out there. 

As I understand it, the general consensus is the if the number has a three as one of the digits, then it should be a flat or straight-across at the top three and NOT a rounded three like this 3.  I have made sure that any bronze BWMs to the CLC that I've had, have always had a flat three.  They are "traceable" and the above mentioned book is excellent.  I've not come across fake bronze BWMs for other LCs, but they may be out there.  They are a fascinating medal to collect and the ones from Aden and Egypt are rare. 

• 1 year later...
    1 hour ago, Gordon Craig said:

glengennie,

Try here for some tips to tell a fake from a real Bronze medal to the CLC.  I have a link to a list of members of the CLC lining their name to the number on the medal.  I'll have a look for it

https://www.medalsofengland.com/medals.php?id=174&medalid=1842 

Regards,

Gordon

Hi useful link, thanks

Alex