News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The local hardware store has some great frames that are very easy to modify to make great frames.... Bit by bit I will reframe my groups....

The first frame has two groups to Bavarian Leib Regiment men who fought at Fleury. For anyone interested in the battle of Verdun, Fleury is one of the most important and bloody parts of the battlefield.

The top group is a silver bravery medal group to Hans Mennacher the lower group to Franz Zwieknagel.... The Edelweiss with Zwieknagels group is a post WW1frame1.thumb.jpg.222e9940a031a53631fb6a1a22ddb557.jpg Leib Regiment veterans Edelweiss.

A group to Franz Engl, The EK1 to a Bavarian Corporal is very very scarce indeed, rarer than a Silver Bravery medal. Engl got his one for Extreme Bravery as a messenger in the forest of Malancourt at Verdun, and further excellent achievements as a patrol leader in Various Battlefields. The Helmet place is a battlefield find from Verdun, the divisional insignia shown did not belong to Engl, just for display.frame2.thumb.jpg.871a5cb22a95fd54932c2045cd698cc7.jpg

The Germaan Toom Hardware stores sell perfect Pinewood frames, you just need to modify then a timy bit and you have a superb frame with about 2cm depth..... here the 2nd bavarian Jäger group to Lt d. Lw Zieglewalner and the bullet that wounded him. The Edelweiss was not his....frame3.thumb.jpg.9a1d04e8e6eb0cfa44935d1467829c04.jpgframe4.thumb.jpg.24d2ed05821f38877b9f8b1d86391173.jpg

• 2 weeks later...