News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Calling the White Ribboned Iron Cross 1914 a "Non Combatant`s" cross is an error

It WAS a cross for non combatants... but not in the same way the 1870 White ribboned cross was....

You can break the 1914 Cross down into 4 categories.... three of which were for non combatants, only one of which had a white Ribbon....

More to come.....

OK, here we go....

http://www.kaiserscross.com/286801/640801.html

I think a very good cross section of documents showing that what we read about the white ribbon cross is mostly wrong. It is not an award for non combatant soldiers like medics... it is not even an award for soldiers on the homefront... It is basically a civilian award for service on the home front.

All arguments and opinions welcome...

Chris, 

Excellent work as always.  Nice to see that your think enough of this subject to allow the "evidence" to lead to a proper conclusion regarding the white ribbon.  Keep it up!

Also, the Oberstlt. who signed Lagerdiener August Breitling's award on 27 August 1921 was Georg Gr. zu Waldeck u. Pyrmont  

the Major who signed Hptm.d.L. Clauditz's document on 5 Sep was Bruno Rüthling 

the  Generalstabarzt who signed the document for Kriegs Assistenzart Dr. Wahn. was Dr. Friedrich Doebbelin

Andy

some nice award documents out there. I have had some of them - but normally i do not collect "papers".

There are a lot of versions esp. after Nov. 1918 made by Ämter, Abwicklungsstellen and Einheiten.

Sometimes you can find "Kanitz" versions without "G.O.K." seal.