News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello this is a portrait of PLM (26.09.17) winner Heinrich von Hadeln, born 21.2.1871.

von-hadeln.jpg

I was wondering if someone could help me identify the orders mounted on his medal bar. From left Ek2, HHOx (13.01.17), 3, 4, 5, MVK Austria, 7 , 8

von-hadeln-5.jpg

His biography records him having a KVK II+. What would this refer to?

von-hadeln-4.jpg

And the Deutsche Orders Almanach from 1908/09 shows the Centenary Medal from Prussia, a Japanese Order and a Romanian Order right?

von-Hadeln-DOA.jpg

Thank very much for your help!

Edited by GMU

Dear GMU

The decorations on the bar are: EK2, HOHx, LS ( I think, prussian first, but there are 2 little lines at the end of the ribbon so I could be wrong), HE3xKR, China-medal, ÖMVK, HT, WV3. KVK II refers to the War Merit Cross, of which he received the 2nd class during WW2, I wonder for what sort of capacity, due to his age I wonder? Regarding your last question, you are correct, it shows a Centenary Medal, a Japanese Order of the sacred Treasure and a Romanian Crown Order. Perhaps he chose not to wear the Centenary medal, and the Romanians and the Japanese fought against Germany in WW1 so it isn't surprising he's not wearing those orders anymore.

Kind regards, Laurentius