News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

May I have your expertise on this Pour le Merite, please?

Good day, gentlemen, as the title mentioned, may I have your expertise on this particular piece of Pour le Merite cross, please? I have done some researches myself, and I am very much convinced that this is a Spanish made reproduction of the original piece and it is hallmarked "938", but I still want to hear from your opinions, please, thank you very much. 

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

Edited by Wankel_8

I hope you didn't pay any money for this thing. It's not a 'Spanish' fake, those are actually pretty decent quality. This type of fake is showing up all over the place these days. The ribbon might be of some use as a replacement, otherwise to the crusher!

13 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

I hope you didn't pay any money for this thing. It's not a 'Spanish' fake, those are actually pretty decent quality. This type of fake is showing up all over the place these days. The ribbon might be of some use as a replacement, otherwise to the crusher!

Hello Vince, thank you very much for your feedback, and I genuinely appreciate it, but unfortunately, I was dumb and made an impulsive decision and bade on it, and now I am disputing with the seller to arrange a return of the item, because the seller insisted that this was an authentic medal, so here I am to ask for the expertise from the experts. Once again, thank you very much for your reply.

It’s not an original. Hopefully you are successful getting a refund. If you used a cc you can dispute the purchase. 

Theres probably little channce the seller really thought it to be real

7 hours ago, ccj said:

It’s not an original. Hopefully you are successful getting a refund. If you used a cc you can dispute the purchase. 

Theres probably little channce the seller really thought it to be real

Hello CCJ, thank you very much for your expertise, I genuinely appreciate it, and I will post a link of this thread to reinforce my position of the dispute, and hopefully, I would be able to recover my fund from the seller, once again, thank you very much.

There is absolutely no way that this cross was produced during the award period, or even prior to 2010. There is a wealth of material on the various forums about genuine examples, and those recognised as being produced during the interwar period (Meybauer, Rothe etc.) not to mention those made by Steinhauer after the second war.

• 1 month later...