News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Not rare, but nice... WW2 Ribbon Bar....

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.

I'm a compete novice/newbie to medal collecting and all the jargon and descriptions can be a bit overwhelming. I have yet to decide if I want to specialize in a specific area of collecting so I'm afraid I've bought medals that attracted my attention instead of developing a coherent collecting strategy first.

4 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Of course it is not rare, but nice to see a Hindie with this combination... we usually expect a WW1 EK....b7.jpg.c944bcb271223c0a307fa60fcbf204f4.jpg

:shame: wait a minute Chris.  By suggesting this is "not rare" you are commenting that this is a "common" combination.  However, lets read this ribbon bar again from what is here and what isn't.  This gentleman served in WWI and earned the Hindenburg non-combatant, and not the EK2 (1914).  Then WWII started and he earned BOTH the KVK2 WITH SWORDS and then an EK2(1939).  So, from a non-combatant in WWI with no awards to a decorated combatant in WWII.   (usually, its the other way around)

I think that's kindof uncommon.  ;)

2 hours ago, Wessel Gordon said:

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.

I'm a compete novice/newbie to medal collecting and all the jargon and descriptions can be a bit overwhelming. I have yet to decide if I want to specialize in a specific area of collecting so I'm afraid I've bought medals that attracted my attention instead of developing a coherent collecting strategy first.

No problem Wessel.  I can't speak for everyone, but as collectors we certainly can start collecting things that attract our attention.  And then we start researching and learning more where we gain a direction. 

Please feel free to post what items you collected thus far.  If you have a specific question -this forum is the place to ask.

He could have been a front fighter in WW1. He just didn't earn any awards. Maybe a young draftee that showed up in the final months only to be part of the retreat.