News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KYRGYZSTAN MEDAL OF DISTINGUISHED MILITARY MERIT

Hello Gentlemen,

I recently bought this nice medal from Kyrgyzstan.

The medal is 43 millimeters of diameter, tick of 5 millimeters. It's 2 parts construction. The center is a separate parts from the medal itselfs.

My "kyrgyz" skills is not great.

I got help from friends,

The reverse "shall" read : Ministry of Defense from the Kyrgyz Republic & the obverse shall be read : "For Military Merits"

But is it an early version, issued during the very first years of Indepedence ( Post 1991 ) ? I mean the book on Kyrgyz Medal i own refer o this medal, but states, that is is a variety, among various variety that have been obvserved.

I will post the page of the book later

If any one is from Kyrgyzstan,,or has been in contact with Kyrgyz military, help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Kyrgyzstan Medal of Distinguished Military Service - Ministry of Defense of Kyrgyzstan obverse.jpg

Kyrgyzstan Medal of Distinguished Military Service - Ministry of Defense of Kyrgyzstan obverse close up.jpg

Kyrgyzstan Medal of Distinguished Military Service - Ministry of Defense of Kyrgyzstan reverse.jpg

Kyrgyzstan Medal of Distinguished Military Service - Ministry of Defense of Kyrgyzstan reverse close up.jpg

Kyrgyzstan Medal of Distinguished Military Service - Ministry of Defense of Kyrgyzstan side.jpg

За отличие в воинской службе I would not translate For ditinguished military merit but For excellence in military service.For military service I undrestand as a Combat service.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Медаль_«За_отличие_в_воинской_службе»_(Киргизия)

next version

150px-Post-100-1174145536.jpg

Thank you Nickstrenk.

I was refering to this very usefull book on Kyrgyz award.

In this book, there is photo from the 2 classes of the Medal for Excellence in Military Service (with what seems green enamel on center). But on the next page, that book refer to the medal I own, mentioning the word in ( ), which (and again sorry I do not have a cyrillic keyboard : PA3HOB ID HOCTb , which had been refered to be : one of the variation ). Again sorry, I do not have the keyboard to write letter I & D in cyrillic.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Kyrgyzstan Book on Kyrgyz awards.jpg

Kyrgyzstan Medal for Excellence in Military Service 2 Classes.jpg

Kyrgyzstan Medal for Excellence in Military Service Variation.jpg

Emmanuel,I did not read properly.You meant a Ministerium award but I meant the State one.

Yes,there were 2 versions of the Ministerium award,they differed with the title in the reverse.

2 minutes ago, nickstrenk said:

Emmanuel,I did not read properly.You meant a Ministerium award but I meant the State one.

Yes,there were 2 versions of the Ministerium award,they differed with the title in the reverse.

Again I had a look in Wikipedia.The Medal for Excellence in Military Service.There were 4 versions.Except of the medals you showed there were versions 2002 and version from 2005.But I do not have picture of the last one.

http://wawards.org/oldsite/azia/kyr/7/medal.html

here we have the next medal ,look at the ribbon

Hello Gentlemen,

Could someone tell me, if this Medal, if for 10 Years of Service in the National Guard of Kyrgyzstan, or for the 10th Anniversary of the Creation of the National Guard of Kyrgyzstan ?

Regards.

Emmanuel

Kyrgyzstan 10 Years of the Guard Medal obverse.jpg

Kyrgyzstan 10 Years of the Guard Medal reverse.jpg

• 1 year later...

Here, is what is to be the Kyrgyzstan Republic Medal for the 85th Anniversary of the Prokuratur 1924-2009.

In all ex Soviet Union countries, the Prokuratur is a body that is in charge of accusation in the Judiciary system. It holds great power.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel.

Kyrgyzstan Medal for 85 Years of the Prosecutor Office 1924-2009 obverse.jpg

Kyrgyzstan Medal for 85 Years of the Prosecutor Office 1924-2009 reverse.jpg

Hello Gentlemen,

I have been said that this one is Kyrgyzstan State Security Agency 80th Anniversary 1924-2004.

By the way, I'am not 100 % sure the ribbon is correct.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Kyrgyzstan 80 Years of State Security Agency Medal obverse.jpg

Kyrgyzstan 80 Years of State Security Agency Medal reverse.jpg

Edited by heusy68

• 2 months later...