News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Strange photo, who is he?

Gentlemen, I saw this photo in an electronic magazine a few days ago. Obviously, this is an old soldier, but he still wears the Qing Dynasty Ssangyong order that has disappeared for at least twenty years (the Qing Dynasty died in February 1912). Does anyone know his information? It would be best to have his photos before the First World War. Thank you

psb.thumb.jpg.07ce2016e2af6bf916002739d999b980.jpg

1270492872_timg(1).jpg.7959d2da5adde2351ff4fcfd74a4503e.jpg

According to the photo, it is the third grade of the double dragon order.

Dear 1812 ouverture,

I do not know who this is, but I do not see any award on his medalbar which predates WW1. A pretty interesting combination of awards. An iron cross, followed by a Hessian medal for bravery, a Waldeck-Pyrmont Verdienstkreuz, Friedrichsorden, Lübeck Hanseatenkreuz, Austrian MVK and some other awards. The combination of the medalbar is probably not unique (I think) but with this rare chinese order we might yet find it who this is. We know for sure that he served in WW2 and that he was decorated (KVK1). This already helps with the identification.

Kind regards, Laurentius

P.S.

I now see that he has a Waldeck-Pyrmont Verdienstkreuz 3rd class with swords, it is possible he had the 4th class without swords, which was updated during the war.

Edited by laurentius

16 minutes ago, GreyC said:

Hi,

could he have gotten the Chinese medal during the events surrounding the Boxeraufstand in 1900? Maybe not as a soldier but on diplomatic mission?

GreyC

Hi,

I don´t think so, no Chinadenkmünze on the medal bar.

Kind regards

Andreas

I should think Oberst Ernst Streit. Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 83 in 1914 and a former officer in the Ostasiatisches Detachement. Awarded the CDIII1 around 1910. Listed as an Oberstleutnant (E) in 1939 with a Patent of 4.11.20.

Regards

Glenn

Streit Ernst RIR 212.JPG