News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thai recipients of the Swedish grand cross of the order of the sword

JohanH

Hello!

Can someone help me to read these names of Thai recipients of the Swedish order of the sword grand cross. 

The first one should be an admiral in the navy and the bottom one should be an air force  general but I cannot see what it reads. 

They were both awarded the grand cross of the order of the sword on 15/1 1965.

1.JPG

Thank you Andreas. 

You seem to be absolutely correct about both names. 

I just need to figure out the middle name of Snit Dayananda. 

Thanks again!

BR
    Johan

On 08/05/2019 at 09:44, JohanH said:

Thank you Andreas. 

You seem to be absolutely correct about both names. 

I just need to figure out the middle name of Snit Dayananda. 

Thanks again!

BR
    Johan

Hi Johan,

my pleasure :thumbup:

I´m not sure if it is him.

Regards
    Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

As you know it was 4 Grand crosses of the order of the Sword given that date.

The two you looking for i think are Admiral Chief of the thai navy Kanjitpol Abhankorn, and General, Suit Suityuthakorn Dagananda, second i command of the Thai Airforce.

The other two was General Prapas Charusthuka,  Deputy Prime Minister, and Air Marshal Dawee Chullasapya, Deputy Defence Minister.

Just for "fun" there where given out other classes of the order of the sword that date..............

3 = Commander 1cl (KSO1kl)

1 = Commander (KSO)

1 = Knight 1cl (RSO1kl)

9 = Knights (RSO)

I made compleat spreadsheats of all swedish orders given to Thai from 1748 to 1979. You can find it on my home page http://www.silvermedaljen.n.nu/svenska-ordnar-utdelade-till-siam/thailand

Hi  JohanH 

As you know its hard to read and understand the wrighting in the Matriklar.....

I looked up the commanders in chief of the Royal Thai Navy. The one who was commander in chef in 1965 was Admiral, Prince, Kanchitpon Apakorn between 1964-1966.

Thank you Micke for your help. 

Reading the Thai names is pretty difficult and so are some of the other names in the Matriklar as you say. 

I'm working on a project that includes digitalizing the all the awardees of Swedish orders of the sword, North star and Wasa and make it searchable in a easy way. 

Nice website you have, I have seen it before and you have some very interesting information and pictures. 

And by the way, the use of "Statskalendern" and "Hofcalendern" is of great help when it´s difficult to read the names in the old Matrikel books. 

Some years of Statskalendern is available at runeberg.org and I have a few earlier ones myself. But so far I only have the 1817, 1845 and 1868. Good thing that they arent so expensive. 

14 hours ago, JohanH said:

Thank you Micke for your help. 

Reading the Thai names is pretty difficult and so are some of the other names in the Matriklar as you say. 

I'm working on a project that includes digitalizing the all the awardees of Swedish orders of the sword, North star and Wasa and make it searchable in a easy way. 

Nice website you have, I have seen it before and you have some very interesting information and pictures. 

Thank you Johan.

It´s really a big job to look thrue all the matriklar and make it searchable. When i looked thrue them for all 'Thai citizens it took me some time :) and i think i missed some anyway just because it was hard to read the names sometimes. Its easier with the order of Serafime.. there all names in wikiepedia in a list and they are not so many... 

I really hope you will finnish this project, im very interested in it.

I know some people in KMO, Kungl. Maj:ts Orden,  and i will ask them if i can go there and look thrue the Matriklar in real , so to say... I would like to finnish my list of thai citizens and try to keep it up to date. After 1974 it becomes more easy because of the reform of the swedish orders. It´s only one order to look at.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:44, Micke said:

Thank you Johan.

It´s really a big job to look thrue all the matriklar and make it searchable. When i looked thrue them for all 'Thai citizens it took me some time :) and i think i missed some anyway just because it was hard to read the names sometimes. Its easier with the order of Serafime.. there all names in wikiepedia in a list and they are not so many... 

I really hope you will finnish this project, im very interested in it.

I know some people in KMO, Kungl. Maj:ts Orden,  and i will ask them if i can go there and look thrue the Matriklar in real , so to say... I would like to finnish my list of thai citizens and try to keep it up to date. After 1974 it becomes more easy because of the reform of the swedish orders. It´s only one order to look at.

It´s a huge job but I think it needs to be done. :)

It will probably take a few years before I am done with all the recipients of the Swedish orders but I´ll let you know how it proceeds and if I find any thai citizens that you might have missed. 

I compared your list of grand crosses with my list and I found one person you seem to have missed. 

Thailändske medborgaren och förste gen. adj. hos H.M. konungen. Luang Iwra Narong (or something similar) was awarded the grand cross 1960-09-03

Narong.JPG

Yes i missed him. But i think its only say "Thailänska medborgaren", Thai citizen, on his line. Next line are "förste Gen, adj hos HM kungan av thailand....." I add him to my list. Thank you!

The first in his name, Luang, is not a name :) its a nobel title in Thailand. I think his name is Sura Narong.

The picture are of Luang Sura Narong (left) and Prince Birabongse. p045_01.gif.709688598375c5433d56c964a72134ca.gif