News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Superb and confusing OLD uniform question....

These pics obviously predate the 2nd Jäger Battalion moving to aschaffenburg.... does anyone have an idea what the Uniforms are?? And the interesting badge on the cap? Maybe the 14th Infantry Regiment which were in Aschaffenburg up until 1867?asch.thumb.jpg.a6fb45544246f8f807ac4bbab769e61d.jpg

Chris , the pics are of Bavarian Army officers in the uniform used during the Austro Prussian and Franco Prussian Wars 1866 to 1871 and later but modified. you knows it was light blue with collar and cuffs either in red for Infantry or green for Jaegers.with gold coloured buttons . in these uniforms the rank was carried on the collar . one to three stripes of gold lace for company officers, for field officers , It was lace on the front and top of the collar and one to three stripes below. I believe that the two captains portrayed belonged to the 14th Infantry regiment . 

1 hour ago, Bayern said:

Chris , the pics are of Bavarian Army officers in the uniform used during the Austro Prussian and Franco Prussian Wars 1866 to 1871 and later but modified. you knows it was light blue with collar and cuffs either in red for Infantry or green for Jaegers.with gold coloured buttons . in these uniforms the rank was carried on the collar . one to three stripes of gold lace for company officers, for field officers , It was lace on the front and top of the collar and one to three stripes below. I believe that the two captains portrayed belonged to the 14th Infantry regiment . 

Hi,

thanks, this is mystery era for me.... is the cap badge a normal one? I have never ever seen one like it....

Chris ,the crown inside a wreath was the normal badge. in metallic thread for officers and in woll thread for NCOs and troopers. the Bavarian Army was quite distinct to the Prussian or Saxon , take a look into : 2 die uniform bayern burgerwehr . its a Pdf about the Bavarian equivalent of the Prussian Landwehr . the Burgerwehr was uniformed as the regular Army with distinctive features but basically equal