News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Document Grouping Lehrgeschwader 1

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Oh ho! Soooooooooo nice to see an INTACT group like this!!! Thanks for showing these! Takes me back about 25 years in time to when things like this were NOT as rare as hen's teeth the way they are now! :beer:

Post those RAF shots or a link here in the British section-- betcha not only can the TYPES be ID'd, but somebody can probably tell you who flew those tail numbers in what units. :speechless1:

I wonder if that tortoise is still somebody's pet back in Deutschland? My friend in Hamburg lives down the street from a retired bordello parrot of great age which still shouts out prices-- circa 1940-- at startled passersby, along with birdie "Heil Hitlers!" :cheers:

Found the Bomber it looks like a Lior?-et-Olivier LeO 451

http://www.histoiredumonde.net/article.php3?id_article=859

Looks right to me, and would fit with the Dewoitine 520 shown in one of the earlier pics.

Excellent grouping, rare in such complete state. Congrats on this great find :beer::jumping:

Now, if a dromedary is a safe mode of transportation, what?s the lifeboat for .................. :P

Cheers,

Sandro

GdC26

Edited by GdC26

His EK1 document is signed by Hans Geisler, who commanded X. Fliegerkorps from October 1939 to August 1942. The Black Wound Badge document signature looks like ?von Benda?. Franz von Benda was CO from June to December 1942., taking over from Friedrich Karl Knust, who commanded LG1 from October 1940 to June 1942. The Frontflug Spange in Gold mit Anhanger document is signed by Hans-Werner Freiherr von Buchholtz, who took over from von Benda, commanding LG1 until 2.8.1943.

PK

• 2 weeks later...