News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Document Grouping Lehrgeschwader 1

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coat of arms

I?d put my money on the rather exotic Junckers G 38, of which according to LW im Focus, Volume 6, page 15, only two were built. Check out the comparison shot of the G 38 which I picked up from the web.

Hope of use,

Best,

Sandro

Lookin good Sandro :P many thanks again for the help :beer:

Entirely my pleasure.

According to Luftwaffe im Focus, one of the G 38?s was pressed into service under designation "GF + GG". This plane was subsequently destroyedon May 17, 1941, during low level allied raids at Athens Tatoi airfield, while serving with KGr. z.b. V. 172. The pic shown in LW im Focus shows the aircraft in Norway, while serving with KGr. z. b. V. 107. Perhaps this info can be traced back to your grouping? Not sure what happened to the other Junckers G 38.

Best,

Sandro

• 2 months later...

I guys this is my first post, and may i say what an excellent site!

Following on from Erich Erbe's documentation i have details of his accident on 18.4.42.

Junkers 88A-4 L1+CH W.Nr 5543.

I/LG1 flown by Ritterkreuz holder and St.Kapitan Oblt Iro Ilk.

This a/c damaged in combat 300km north of Alexandria, whilst on a recce sortie, a/c returned with 10%

damage.

Oblt. Iro Ilk Unhurt Pilot.

Sdf. Hans Dr Lempp Observer wounded,

Obgf. Christoph Linde Radio op wounded,

Obgf. Erich Erbe Gunner wounded.

I would be most interested to establish further info, regarding other a/c he flew in, if available?

Best Regards,

Steve.

Welcome to the forum Steve, thats a smashing piece of information, thanks.

Hi Devonrex,

Your welcome for the info, hows your research on Erich Erbe coming along?

Do you have any news as to whether he survived the war, or know of the whereabouts of his

flugbuch?

Rgs,

Steve.

Unfortunately Steve I have been away quite alot this year and still have a three month trip to go, so my research time is negligible. What is posted here is all there is to the group, so no Soldbuchs, Wehrpass, etc with this lot :( Where did you manage to find out this other info? If you dont mind me asking?

Unfortunately Steve I have been away quite alot this year and still have a three month trip to go, so my research time is negligible. What is posted here is all there is to the group, so no Soldbuchs, Wehrpass, etc with this lot :( Where did you manage to find out this other info? If you dont mind me asking?

Hiya Devonrex,

Just got in from work!

The information i supplied you came from the publication,

" Die geschichte Des Lehrgeschwader 1, vol.1 " by Peter Taghon.

A superb book charting the history of this unit listing all known losses

from 1936-1942. Very recommended!

It sounds like you have a lot on! at the moment, precious little time for research,

thats not good.

Many thanks for now,

Best Regards

Steve.

Perhaps Steves information explains this picture of Erbe posted earlier now in full. Two wounded Compadres and Erbe with the wound badge and one seemingly untouched friend. The 4 Aircrew perhaps?

Edited by devonrex2003

That picture of the wounded men is sandwiched in between 9 other pics of this damaged Ju? There is quite a lot of interest in this aircraft some of which I have already posted, although I cant read the side number it is possible this is their plane.

Edited by devonrex2003